Raytheon seeks Permanent Seasonal Vehicle Mechanics to support the NWS system O&M Contract. The positions will be based out of the five (5) Logistics Support Sites (LSS) in Inuvik, Cambridge Bay, Hall Beach, Iqaluit or Goose Bay. The successful candidate will be offered temporary assignments to repair, overhaul, maintain and service diesel powered automobiles, heavy trucks, heavy construction equipment, graders, dump trucks, excavators and pickup trucks and will need to be flexible in traveling in and between different zones within the Canadian Arctic locations. This includes:
· Diagnosing equipment problems and determines repairs needed and demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
· Updating work orders on the NWS Work Management system for any activities competed.
· � Maintaining small engines, pumps, other MSE (Mobile Support Equipment) and cleaning vehicles.
· Fueling helicopters, loading, unloading aircraft, shoveling snow, responding to site preservation emergencies and environmental emergencies,
· Secondary duties, as required, may include but not limited to: participating on the Fire Brigade; providing bear protection; assisting in the maintenance of the LSS library; conducting environmental, safety, security and quality checks and audits, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
· Other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge / Skill and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Journeyman Inter-Provincial Trade Certification in Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic or Truck & Coach Technician or related trades.
· Experience operating equipment such as dozers, loaders, graders and/or dump trucks and have applicable license to operate said equipment.
· Airbrake endorsement is considered an asset.
· Must be familiar with safety regulations and practices.
· Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Must be Standard First Aid trained, including CPR Level A, and hold a valid certificate.
· Must be comfortable working in and flying to remote Arctic locations via helicopter and/or smaller fixed wing aircraft.
· Hold a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial/territorial equivalent
· Must possess serviceable safety boots that meet standards for workplace safety.
· Effective written and verbal skills (English).
· Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) would be considered an asset.
· Ability to travel as part of a small team to and from locations, including personal meal preparation and tidying.
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including Fall Arrest Harness, as required
· Ability to work under physically demanding, often adverse weather conditions in remote Arctic locations
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government. 131724