Raytheon is looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer with an active TS SCI clearance to work as part of a collaborative team to support classified networks in our El Segundo campus. The ideal candidate should have a solid background in network administration and architecture, highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail, be able to work under time constrains, be able to multi-task and prioritize work, and should have excellent troubleshooting skills. The candidate will frequently interact with inter-organizational contacts representing the IT Program Execution organization in the support of SAS engineering end-user community.
- Experience with Type-1 Encryptors, VPN technologies and protocols IPSEC, GRE, L2TP, DMVPN, etc.
- Configure and install software, servers, core backbone routers, layer 2 and layer 3 switches and other network devices
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN)
- Working knowledge of WAN transport solutions (i.e. MPLS, VPLS), LACP/Etherchannel, Cisco Nexus NX-OS
- In-depth experience implementing IDS/IPS, host-based security and integrating firewall appliances, including DMZ design
- Familiarity with access control models, creating and implementing Network Security Measures
- Experience with DoD security hardening, vulnerability scanning and threat mitigation technologies (STIGs, ACAS, Nessus)
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Familiarity with VOIP and IP-VTC are needed
- Experience with network sniffers (Wireshark) and/or other network monitoring tools (Solarwinds)
- Security+, Cisco Routing & Switching and Security (CCNP level or equivalent skill and experience)
- At least 8 years of experience in managing data center class firewalls (ASAs, Forcepoint NGFW)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures
- U.S. Citizen with Active TS SCI clearance
- Experience with TACACS/Radius authentication software based configuration
- Experience with NISPOM/STIG or PCI security
- Good working knowledge of enterprise level Microsoft and VMWare server platforms to facilitate between those virtualization platforms and the network as well as using virtual firewalls, routers and other communication appliances
- Working knowledge of VMWare virtual switching (vSwitch) and cisco CSR 1000v, etc.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience in cybersecurity documentation and system authorization artifacts (System Security Plan, lifecycle documentation, Security Assessment Plan, Risk Assessment, etc.)
- CCDP certification and Cloud computing
Minimum Education: Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. 133235
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.