This is a position in El Segundo for a senior power supply design engineer in the Hardware Electronics Center of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit to design and develop power conversion technologies for space and airborne military applications.
- Must have at least six years of industry experience, in power electronics HW Design.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of switching power converters.
- Applicant must be able to develop concepts and product designs that are on the cutting edge of technology in the areas of high current, high power (>25kW), low voltage, high efficiency/density, converter designs. Space environment preferred.
- Applicant must have the ability to design AC-DC and DC-DC Converters.
- Applicant must be able to move from concept to architecture to design.
- Requires in depth knowledge of multiple conversion topologies (flyback, forard, push-pull, etc) and the ability to simulate and model designs.
- Applicant should also be familiar with EDA tools.
- Knowledge of SPICE simulation tools is a must.
- Applicant must also know how to develop test plans, procedures and test solutions.
- Understanding and working knowledge and characteristics of magnetics (including inductor/transformer modeling), magnetization inductance, magnetization current, leakage inductance, intra-winding and inter-winding capacitance, self-resonant frequency, characteristics and limitations of magnetic cores, core saturation, core loss, high frequency losses, core reset, winding techniques for optimization of desired magnetics, and design of current transformers.
- Must be a US Citizen, with the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Technical leadership experience.
- Knowledge of the Mentor Expedition/DxD design and analysis suite a plus.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management methods are also highly desired.
- Patents and publications are also a plus.
- Prefer to have industry experience in Aerospace or Defense.
- Experience with design work for military applications.
- Active Clearance.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or very close equivalent discipline and at least six years of experience.Desired Education:
Master in Electrical Engineering, Physics or close equivalent discipline is a plus.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.