Raytheon is seeking experienced and cleared Field Engineers to provide on call/as needed position to travel OCONUS to locations that may be deemed hazardous/dangerous areas. Can live anywhere in the US since this is a travel/TDY position.
Provide temporary duty (TDY) communication support to overseas hardship locations. Provide electrical support for Customer sites overseas. Travel to remote sites as ES staff for power system installs. Responsible for surveys, design/statement of works, installation, maintenance and operation of electrical, mechanical and HVAC infrastructures in an OCONUS environment. Upgrade & maintain power generation and electrical systems, including ATS and related controls. Perform HVAC tasks, including Air Stack Chiller systems. Interface with Construction manager on utility upgrades. Extensive/extended temporary duty assignments may include travel to hazardous/dangerous locations. Individual will troubleshoot problems, perform preventative maintenance and provide detailed reporting upon conclusion of work. Work as a team member and the willingness to meet the temporary travel requirements.
The qualified candidate must be able to prepare messages and utilize the customer’s computer network to submit survey reports prior to departing each site. Experience working in an embassy environment and the willingness to travel are required.
Position Requirements / Qualifications / Skills
• BS plus 6 years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience is required.
• Active TS/SCI clearance with favorable polygraph
• Experience with the customer’s facilities and their operations.
• Understanding of the principles of designing, installing and operating diesel generator systems, voltage regulators and air conditioning systems.
• Familiarity with Department of State Overseas Building Office requirements and procedures
• Working knowledge of HVAC and/or other trade skills, design principles and operations.
• Understanding of the customer’s message preparation process
• Active trade license in HVAC or Electrical systems (minimum Journeyman)
• Familiarity with Department of State Overseas Building Office requirements and procedures.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Project, plus Lotus Notes.
• Knowledge of logistics and procurement of materials, inventory management
Weapons Certification Not required for hire, but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
Professional license or trade license required.
Up to 50% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.**
Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required.**
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.