Raytheon is looking for an experienced Radio Communications Technician who would provide journeyman/full-performance level program management, administrative and engineering support for Sponsor communications-based projects.
• Five (5) or more years direct experience with Sponsor tactical communications projects and design involving RF/Satellite communications, including ICOM/Motorola/Harris equipment and its use.
• Direct experience with sponsor systems including BASIS, GENESIS, approval memos and message preparation.
• Solid background in and understanding of current installation procedures (CIP) and field training of personnel.
• Ability to explain technical procedures and processes and results of site surveys clearly and accurately.
• Strong knowledge of tactical systems
• Ability to completely understand and respond to customers comprehensive tactical requirements
• Ability to give details to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to adhere to security and safety standards, counter-intelligence and applicable communications policies and procedures
• Knowledge of procurement processes
• Ability to independently perform specialized equipment and system installations, modifications, and upgrades.
• Ability to test, identify, and resolve most tier 1 and tier 2 equipment and system problems
• Willingness to perform extended TDYs in dangerous/hostile environments
• Ability to be medically and administratively cleared for travel
• Ability to successfully qualify for weapons training
• Working knowledge of policies and regulations related to the completion of assigned work
• Ability to excel in a team environment
• Ability to work at heights and successfully complete Fall Protection training.
50% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.**
10% CONUS travel, as required.**
Please Note: This position can be either an A04 or A05 dependent on the candidate's experience level.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.