Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats.Raytheon CSM is seeking a Agile Release Train (ART) Release Engineer to support the development and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Managing and optimizing the flow of value (leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities) through the Agile Release Train using the Program Kanban
- Facilitating PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlog, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Assisting the ART System Engineer and System Architect in performing architecture and design analysis of new Features in preparation of Program Increment Planning
- Collaborating with Agile Development Teams to ensure they understand the Features they are to implement
- Assisting and coordinating estimating the size of features by Agile Development Teams to ensure the Features can be implemented in a single Program Increment time box.
- Interfacing directly with the Government Release Train Engineer and assist them with:
Facilitating Pre-PI Planning activities including Feature grooming sessions
Conducting PI Planning Events
Facilitating Post-PI Planning activities
Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; determine improvements to system capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training, etc.)
Facilitating periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync and Scrum-of-Scrum
Summarizing Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist with tracking the execution of features through the Program Increment
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Helping manage risks and dependencies
- Escalating and tracking impediments
- Providing input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encouraging collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
- Working with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improving the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
- Facilitating System Demos at the end of each sprint
- Fostering Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
- Must be a US Citizen
- Top Secret clearance with SSBI in last five years (TS/SCI desired)
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience
- Experience and/or technical understanding of cybersecurity attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
- Cognizant of Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
- Agile development methodology and DevOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF).
- Systems architecture experience including allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and systems integration and test.
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe).
- Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS preferred)
- Experience and/or strong familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.