General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs electronic; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment related to Submarine Periscope and associated Imaging Systems. Specific work is related to Type 18, Type 8, Photonics Systems and Electronic Warfare Systems.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve moderately complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Applicants should know how to work with RF/Microwave Network Analyzers; Spectrum Analyzers; RF Signal Generators; Power Meters; and similar diagnostic equipment.
5. Proficiency with hand tools and soldering of electronic connections or components.
6. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
7. May provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
8. Performs preventative maintenance.
9. Ability to interpret and work from test specifications; diagrams; assembly drawings and schematics.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
5+ years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
Knowledge of the principles; methods; and techniques used in the installing; maintaining; and servicing of electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.