Job ID: 471246BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
City: Fort Worth
Description:F-35 Software Integration and Build Operation organization is seeking a candidate with experience in managing the F-35 Software Integration, interface, and Build Team.
The manager will be responsible for leading the software Integration, build, and interface team of approximately 16 engineers. Responsibilities include coordinating employee work assignments, performance assessment, salary, recruitment, selection and training, and recognition/disciplinary actions. The manager will be required to contribute to the completion of major milestones associated with specific programs/projects to achieve results; to think out of the box; improvement opportunities; and make recommendations and decisions on project schedules to avoid cost overruns and missed scheduled commitments; to apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle and ensures software standards are met.
This individual will be responsible for establishing and executing a strategic plan to maximize automation tool suite, software integration, and maintain test infrastructure.
This position requires an individual with a track record for leading a team to higher levels of performance through evolving tools/methods/integration. The selected candidate must be highly motivated with a proven ability to drive execution with exceptional cost, schedule, and technical performance.
** Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Prior leadership experience
- Background in software development and/or software development management
- Background in software integration and/or system integration
- Experience with development of detailed plans and schedules to including progress tracking and monitoring
- Knowledgeable in risk management and development of mitigation plans
- Knowledgeable in the following: C/C++, Object Oriented Analysis and Design; Green Hills OS, Rhapsody, VxWorks, Mercury OS, Perl Scripts, hardware drivers and power PC processor, MS Office development, Version 1, Linux Environment, Atlassian tool suite, and Python
- Experience with LM Standard SW development processes and SW estimating experience with F-35 process experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidate with at least 5 years experience in technical leadership with increasing responsibility and a minimum of 8 years experience in software design, development, and/or test preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Software Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret requiring an investigation within the last 5 years
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9/80 A: (Autotime System)