Occupational, Safety and Health Engineer
Job ID: 471712BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
City: Eglin AFB
Description:At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. Our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) has an immediate opportunity for an Occupational, Safety and Health Engineer located at Eglin AFB. This position is specifically developed for one of the Nation’s foremost defense projects related to the F-35. This position will provide a range of occupational safety and health services across the site, supporting teams engaged in simulator training and maintenance of the systems.
Activities will focus on both operational and strategic elements of the site’s safety programs and ESH management system. The Safety Engineer will be expected to represent the organization across multiple levels of the company, effectively communicate organizational strategy and objectives, and provide both leadership and teaming support to the ESH department members.
• Experience implementing, OSHA, safety and health standards, EPA, state and local environmental regulations and programs; to include legislation evaluation and interpretation.
• Ability to work application of the ESH management systems and the ability to interpret, apply, audit and communicate regulatory compliance requirements.
• Strong attention to detail with proven problem solving skills and results. Energetic self-starter who seeks innovative solutions to ESH program issues and program deployment strategies.
• Ability to develop new and innovative methods to increase employee awareness of, and engagement in, ESH compliance programs/initiatives promoting a strong ESH culture across RMS.
• Identify and expeditiously drive to closure ESH program issues, actions and concerns.
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and be flexible.
• Ability to track, trend and analyze data
• Ability to work effectively within a diverse population and collaborate with peers and leadership
• A demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interface with all company personnel
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Minimum requirements include, but not limited to, Lifting and Carrying up to 40 lbs and Pushing/Pulling of up to 75 lbs. and working from elevated platforms such as ladders as they relate to investigations forroot cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Knowledge of, and experience with NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) and ANSI (American National Standard Institute)
• Safety Professional Certifications or in pursuit there of Greenbelt certification or other continuous improvement tools and techniques knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to drive mission success and build effective relationships as a team or project leader
• Experience with ESH management system elements
• Experience reviewing facility and engineering designs, work instructions, and test plans for ESH considerations
• Experience implementing leading indicator safety programs which drive participation by leadership and employees
• Proficiency with fall protection, radiation systems (ionizing and non-ionizing), facility and equipment start-up and maintenance, machine guarding, material handling, ergonomics, fire and life safety, DOT, and similar facility safety program
• Demonstrated management experience and oversight of budget elements
• LM21 green or black belt or other continuous improvement tools and techniques knowledge
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Environment Safety and Health
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)