Military Vehicle Quality Inspector I
Job ID: 471508BR
Date posted: Feb. 12, 2019
Description:As part of the Quality and Mission Success organization for the rotary wing program based in Lexington, KY, responsibilities will be program and aircraft quality assurance. Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts. Requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, electrical theory, and a thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, etc. This job requires extensive knowledge of technical publications. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
5 years recent experience performing maintenance / modification on H-60, H-47 and / or H-6 rotary wing aircraft.
Experienced with Foreign Object Debris (FOD) industry standards; equipment calibration procedures; general security procedures.
Must be able to read / interpret engineering drawings / instructions; system schematics / blueprints; and technical policy / maintenance instructions.
Must have experience entering and clearing faults in aircraft logs and records.
Flexibility, a positive attitude and excellent people skills are a must.
Ability to work off shift schedules.
- Previous quality control experience on MELB H-6 aircraft
- Identify and understand non-conformities, as they relate to safety-of-flight inspections, procedural breakdowns, and / or program (process) audits.
- Ability to evaluate process compliance, write / review corrective action reports, perform root cause analysis and validate quality processes, responses, and plans.
- Experienced with inspection of Aircraft ground handling / servicing; component removal / replacement; scheduled and unscheduled maintenance; Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) execution.
- Effective communication skills for coordinating with Aircraft Managers / Supervisors, Field Service Reps, System Engineers, Maintenance Logistics Support Managers and Customer (DCMA). Experience with maintainers regarding quality issues, Instrumentation System Integration Engineers, Deficiency Analysis / Reporting, customer complaints, and other issues related to higher quality as they occur.
- Ability to conduct incident and / or mishap investigation audits. Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed process, recalls, corrective actions, and validations.
- Capable of conducting teleconference and / or briefing (presentation) to management and customer.
- Administration capabilities using computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2010).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS8806 MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: ROTATING- Rotating hrs/day per week