Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The National Grid Cyber Intelligence and Analysis program is part of the Cyber Security Operations within Digital Risk and Security and is responsible for providing indications and warning of suspected cyber-attacks directed against National Grid facilitated by various threat actors. You will provide technical analysis to understand, quantify, and predict the actions of threat actors to National Grid. The role will lead the technical analysts responsible for developing the collection, processing, analysis and reporting of cyber threats to National Grid, the threat actors associated and their motivation, capability and intent in order that Cyber Security Operations and National Grid can appropriately assign resources and systems for their defence. You will conduct daily technical threat analysis, collaborate with core threat and security teams, and produce actionable intelligence in the form of alerts, reports, and briefings.
Cyber Intelligence Analysis and Production
- Accountable for ensuring that key cyber threats are identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the business.
- Assisting in the development of a plan analyse and disseminate actionable intelligence gathered from a variety of commercial, government, industry, open-source, deep web, and social media sources delivered in structured, semi-structured, and unstructured formats and lead group collaboration and analysis.
- Producing various intelligence alerts, reports, and briefings.
- Providing intelligence analysis based on Key Intelligence Topics and generating specific intelligence requirements based on these Topics/Questions to create specific collection plans used to focus the analysis and reporting actionable intelligence.This role is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive set of threat analytical products designed to provide situational awareness about sophisticated cyber threats directed against National Grid.
- This role has a significant impact on leading the technical analysis to help defend National Grid against sophisticated cyber threat actors attempting to disrupt our business or compromise our technical infrastructure.
- Educated to degree level or post graduate level (equivalent combination of education and experience) in Cyber Intelligence or Security related subject.
- Security Qualifications such as SANs SEC487: Open-Source Intelligence Gathering and Analysis, FOR578: Cyber Threat Intelligence, GCIA, GCIH, GCDA, GPEN, or similar training and certification.
- Experience managing an intelligence product portfolio consisting of alerts, reports, and briefings and requires the ability to present technical topic to various stakeholders.
- The position requires an experienced, technical cyber intelligence subject matter expert, and disciplined thinker, capable of working across organisational boundaries in a demanding environment to analyse cyber threats that could impact the National Grid infrastructure and services of customers.
- Requires demonstrable capability to produce intelligence products at Strategic, Operational and Tactical levels, and conducting detailed technical analytics.
- Good organisational skills, time management, attention to detail and accuracy over multiple simultaneous activities.
- Must be pro-active, adaptable and results driven, whilst capable of interpreting and delivering on direction provided.
- Must be a team player who must be able to work under pressure, manage multiple activities, using their own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision.
- Provide recommendations in a consumable format to senior management on cyber intelligence analysis and threat trends.
- Support the Security Operations Center with enriched intelligence analysis and reporting.
- Previous knowledge working in an intelligence operation consisting of collection, analysis and production of cyber threat intelligence, including both automated intelligence feeds and human-consumable intelligence, with good knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes that enable this.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.