Substation Engineering & Design (Ben Franklin Institute of Technology) - Military Veterans Wanted
National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Substation Engineering & Design: Waltham, MA
The Substation Engineering & Design group designs, engineers, and supports substation projects including new substations, retrofit of existing substations and substation asset replacement.
As an intern, you will have the ability to take part in the following activities:
- Utilization of MicroStation to produce drawings.
- Design integrated wiring diagrams, schematics, one-line diagrams and control drawings.
- Design the physical layout of equipment, conduits, duct banks and cable trays.
- Produce material lists.
- Coordinate with construction to produce installation drawings.
- Estimate hours to complete projects.
- Interaction with Engineers, Construction, Project Managers as well as Estimators.
- Field inspections.
- Gain valuable insight into National Grid and the energy/utility industry and build professional network.
- Develop skills through training sessions and hands on projects within the relevant department.
- Participate in volunteer opportunities and attend field/work site visits.
- Participate in networking sessions.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA for undergraduate students or 3.2 cumulative GPA for graduate students
- Applicant must have accumulated 18 or more credits and be 18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program at Ben Franklin Institute of Technology
More Jobs For Veterans...