General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
The O&S Tier 4 Level Active Directory Administrator will work as part of an Active Directory Services team responsible for managing user accounts, groups, Group Policies and Enterprise Level troubleshooting. Normal work hours are 8 hours per day, 5-days per week (Monday-Friday) with a scheduled start time from 6:00AM to 10:00AM. The start time is flexible with agreement by team lead to ensure the maximum amount of coverage for the client from 0600-1800 hours each day.
The candidate will be responsible for user ticket driven tasks related to Active Directory, Windows and/or NAS file shares. The candidate will also be exposed to Windows Server 2008, VMware's ESX Server and Virtual Center, Operating and troubleshooting user issues within a VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) environment, Support server platform - primarily Windows, some Linux, and UNIX operating systems.
* MSCE or MCITP with 3-5 years' minimum experience as a Windows 2003/2008 and Active Directory services administrator
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, DFS-R, File and Print Services, and GPO validation, management, and implementation
* Experience and understanding of IEC production environment with respect to baseline dependencies on these activities
* Knowledge of Dell/Quest tools, specifically ActiveRoles Server, ChangeAuditor, and Recovery Manager
* Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
* Knowledge of proper IT security procedures, positive customer interface skills; strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required
* Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.