***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF, EW, Comms and EO sensors. The Center provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne, ground, and space-based systems.
As an Electrical Engineer, you may be involved with any of the following activities:
- Circuit analysis, circuit simulation, design documentation maintenance, trade assessments for obsolescence resolution, troubleshooting and resolution of hardware performance issues and hardware integration, test and verification.
- Integration and test of RF/Analog/Digital components and modules.
- Design, development, and integration of Special Test Equipment (STE) with the Prime Hardware.
- Work as part of a team to analyze Hardware / Software test requirements / specifications to determine Hardware and Software requirements.
- Develop solutions to test issues and develop productivity and efficiency enhancements.
- Interact with test technicians, factory facilitators, operations managers, other engineers, Quality Assurance and Reliability personnel.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience with reading drawings and electrical schematics
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting electrical circuits
- Experience documenting test results and repair recommendations
- Experience working in a lab environment with standard EE lab equipment (i.e,. Vector Network Analyzers, Power Meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DMMs, signal sources)
- Experience with design tools such as Matlab, LabVIEW, Keysight ADS, Genesys, PSPICE, Ansys HFSS, AutoCAD, Mentor Graphics Design Architect, Mentor Expedition Design & Analysis Tool Suite and/or DX Designer for PWB schematic capture.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Software programming such as ‘C’, C++ Visual Basic
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the electrical engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education (including major): Must have a MS / MA with a major in Electrical Engineering or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.