Raytheon’s facility in Forest, MS is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer to join our successful team that creates military radars and communication products. You will work to improve the quality, delivery, and production cost of products critical to military success.
Responsibilities of the role include process specification documentation, process improvement, assembly instruction creation, product defect analysis & prevention, new equipment implementation, and new product development and/or launch. The candidate will use oral and written communication skills to provide operator training, share key information within the team and the plant, and interact with design & management personnel at the program team level. The role will also require completion of a variety of Raytheon training courses and may require occasional travel to supplier, customer, or other Raytheon sites.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) in Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Sector business with a job location in Forest, MS. In this fast-paced, quality oriented, and safety-minded work environment manufacturing engineers:
- Work directly with Quality, Test Engineering and Operations Personnel.
- Create and update work instructions to ensure all technical requirements are captured for assembly.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action when defects occur.
- Support transition to build activities and First Article Validation for new products.
- Participate in the design of fixtures and tooling.
- Proactively undertake safety initiatives including job hazard analysis and ergonomic assessments.
- Support defect prevention and engage with work area to address systemic issues. Drive continuous improvement to reduce scrap and rework.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a production environment including:
- Experience with determining Root Cause and Corrective action implementation
- Understanding of MRP and Shop Floor control systems for Non-Conforming Parts Disposition, Router Maintenance and Rework Router generation.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- U.S. Citizenship is required as this position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Positive attitude and ability to be adaptable to varying assignments
- Working knowledge of hardware assembly, torque controls and analyze assembly tolerance stack up.
- Experience with Electronic Circuit Card, Cabling, and Electronic System assembly.
- Experience interfacing with customers and program manager regarding assessments of program performance (technical, cost and schedule)
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Standards, Materials and Process Specifications.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments to solve design and manufacturing related issues
- Customer focused
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Aerospace Engineering or a related technical field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.