Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to 40k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI with Poly that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
The Apex program is looking for software engineers to support the ground-based mission planning and command and control software to accommodate the next-generation satellite capabilities, and implementation of new ground terminals. Our complex domain requires innovative solutions to meet evolving customer needs. On Apex you will work with teams of talented engineers to develop and improve advanced algorithms that handle large data sets with complex constraints.
Apex software engineers will gain experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. In addition to working with other software disciplines, our developers are exposed to various technologies including multi-tiered architectures, Camel, Spring, OSGi, and geospatial visualization tools. Our program is in the midst of transforming older software development practices into more modern development practices utilizing an agile framework - experience in this area is a plus. We provide robust and easy-to-use tools for reporting status and estimates to your agile team leadership - meaning more time for true problem solving.
Our small development teams adapt to evolving problem sets, and engineers benefit from a flexible work environment where engineers can migrate between teams to contribute to new domains.
This Software Engineer is responsible to:
• Develop code in compliance with requirements and defined architecture
• Support change request (CR) work-off
• Support Test Engineering for integration and test activities and events
• Participate in Change Request Review Board (CRRB), as needed
• Occasionally, provide support to operations (remotely and on-site), and
• Occasionally, provide input to cost estimation efforts for MCRs, ECPs, and proposals.
• Minimum 6-8 years of Java/ C++ programming experience
• Minimum 6-8 years of SW development experience using object-oriented techniques
• Current/active TS/SCI SSBI level clearance is required
• United States Citizen
• Familiarity with Agile
• Familiarity with Linux
• Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, ClearCase or comparable tools
• Experience with requirements and use case analysis
• Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
• Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc.)
• Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
• Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse
• Knowledge and/or experience with mission management/scheduling/flight dynamics, to include:
• Satellite ground systems
• Mission Management systems
• Planning and Scheduling
• Command and Telemetry
• Flight Dynamics models
• Digital Signal Processing (FFTs, modulation/demodulation techniques)
• Knowledge of system integration and system test
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
• Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Engineering experience on a government software development contract
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Experience in architecture design/development of SW centric system
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent.
Bachelor of Science, BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.