KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: S3D/E3D Administrator
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the production application environments taking such action as may be necessary to ensure maximum availability and correct operational issues related to the Smart 3D (Plant/Marine, S3D), Everything 3D (E3D), and PDMS, suite of applications.
- Provide first-line (beginning skill set required) and second-line (intermediate skill set required) support for a suite of CAD/Piping tools, both off-the-shelf and custom developed by KBR, setup and monitoring and see through the operational effectiveness of project life cycle from application support perspective.
- Participate in the initiatives undertaken by the global Engineering Systems team.
- Interact with engineering disciplines to investigate software related design issues.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in unfamiliar topics relevant to the needs of the Engineering CAD/Piping team.
- Assist in maintaining application systems architecture, interfaces and technical documentation.
Required education, skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science or a related field.
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology or a minimum of 2 years related experience, with average experience of 2-5 years.
- A good knowledge of how to administer Hexagon S3D in an enterprise environment, including project creation, project backup/restore and database maintenance.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting S3D project deliverables; including project-level drawings, isometric drawings and report templates.
- Experience in design, configuration/development, testing and support of Engineering IT applications and in particular S3D.
- A good knowledge of data processing including technical knowledge of IT hardware, software, networks, and Oracle or SQL Server database technology
- Ability to work with daily supervision and keep team adequately informed
- Must be well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and provide superior customer service
- Must have positive “Team attitude” and willingness to learn
- Hands-on experience and understanding of engineering 3D modeling technologies and methodologies in a Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, Engineering & Construction industry
- Experience working in an engineering discipline as a project designer, Piping preferred
- Experience working with AVEVA E3D/PDMS preferred
- Successful completion of the Hexagon and/or AVEVA training courses
- Hands-on experience with programming languages such as VB, VBA, C#, .NET and SQL
- Experience with Configuration/Code Management tools like Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of handling and converting vendor data for use in S3D and E3D/PDMS
- Understanding of Hexagon's SmartPlant Enterprise tools and strategy as well as similar offerings from AVEVA
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering Systems
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1078892