full-time employee contract
As a Principal Systems Administrator you will perform and lead a team of 10 responsible for the system administration functions of a large scale test system. Must Be a self-starter with a background in Unix/Linux and Windows systems administration and configuration, VMWare and Dell networking. This position will manage permanent and temporary staff to support the system and integrate new deployments, technologies and equipment.
* Build, configure and maintain physical and virtual servers for a large scale testing platform
* Collaborate with team members in Maryland on a regular basis to maintain consistency in design and implementation
* Collaborate with team members of the lab supporting our system so that the environment is stable and provide notification of any concerns or outages in advance.
* Support the networking within the environment
* Integrate new deployments, technologies and equipment into existing production environment
* Configure and maintain storage (EMC Isilon) and scheduled backups/data redundancy
* Provide operational support to development and test community with an emphasis
* Monitor system performance, system/security logs and identifying potential issues with
* Manage permanent and temporary staff to support the system and local users. Support team will be 5 to 10 personnel at a time with development and system administration experience.
* Experience building, configuring and managing Linux/Unix systems
* Background in Windows server administration/configuration and
* Demonstrated experience creating and managing virtual environments (VMware)
* Scripting experience (Bash, Shell, Python, Perl)
* Experience with infrastructure design, including networking protocols and data redundancy
* Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco, iOS, Dell Z9100 and devices
* Customer service experience and orientation, and attention to detail
* Demonstrated experience working with a team to introduce and integrate new technologies into existing production environments
* Experience with VMware NSX-V/NSX-T desirable
* Experience with Dell/EMC equipment desirable
* Experience configuring and maintaining Isilon storage
* Experience with Solaris is a plus
* Experience with MacOS a plus