Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Deputy Chief Engineer to join our System Engineering team on the COBRA DANE program in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
The COBRA DANE radar sensor is a ground-based, computer-driven, L-band phased array radar located at Eareckson Air Station (AS) (EAS) on Shemya, Alaska (AK). Its primary mission is Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (MD) with a secondary mission of Space Situational Awareness (SSA). Operational control for the COBRA DANE radar sensor is under the United States Strategic Command and supported by Air Force Space Command. This Program will deliver world class Operations, Maintenance and Support (OM&S) and Depot and Sustainment (D&S) for the COBRA DANE (CD) phased array radar. Raytheon’s experience in support of COBRA DANE and other large/sophisticated high power radar systems provides the high technological capability, foundation, and infrastructure required, along with the corporate resources to deliver continuous successful COBRA DANE mission performance.
As the Deputy Chief Engineer, you will develop long term (10+ year) roadmaps with the intent to grow the business pipeline and ultimately increase bookings and sales while maximizing customer benefit with invested resources. This role will partly achieve these successes by the creation of written artifacts that clearly articulate considerations, alternatives, and recommendations via white papers, written technical roadmaps, ROMs, feasibility studies. Because of this, the candidate must possess exemplary soft skills including collaboration, communication, and writing skills. The candidate should possess extensive technical background in radar, hardware, software, and logistics. They will work with the COBRA DANE end users and engineers to determine potential projects that provide maximum benefit to the customer. Principle concepts include maximization of operational availability, increased capabilities via both the radio frequency and signal and data processing upgrades, and reduction of total life cycle cost. Lastly, the candidate should formulate plans that are adaptable and can solve customer challenges at the speed of relevance, against both current and emerging threat sets.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current/active Secret Clearance
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Bachelor degree and 8+ years of system engineering experience
• Familiarity and experience with Ground Based Radar systems
• Eight (8+) years of relevant engineering experience on a government contract
• Experienced in performing system engineering, analytical, and problem solving activities using structured problem solving techniques
• Proven experience in all phases of Requirements (hardware and software) management
• Experienced conducting briefings and participating in technical meetings with internal and external users
• Must have a minimum Secret clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Familiarity with USAF acquisition processes and constraints
• Experience and familiarity with the Cobra Dane system
• Field experience supporting military installations and equipment
• Experience with Common Product Data Management System (cPDM)
• Thorough understanding of systems engineering practices and the system lifecycle
• Ability to understand and apply commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field such as INCOSE CSEP, ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 or Mil-Std-499B
• Experience providing technical direction and review of supplier development activities including development of supplier statement of Work (SOW), conducting design reviews, developing engineering change proposals
• Flexibility to support a wide range of technical product lines beyond ground based radars to include fixed and mobile surveillance systems, land and airborne, EO/IR and RF ISR sensor integration
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.