SAIC is seeking a Senior Ground Systems Engineer to join our Chantilly, VA based team.
The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the customer:
• Provide expert advice and coordination of ground architecture, systems engineering, systems integration, and deployment related to the satellite ground system
• Support the customer in the definition of architecture concepts, engineering designs reviews, system trades, analysis, and decisions pertaining to the mission planning, ground command and control, mission processing, and operations for a satellite system
• Identify integration concepts and oversee systems integration
• Identify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burn-down plans
• Develop concepts of operation based on relevant operating scenarios, environmental conditions, and mission requirements
• Review and coordinate on changes to specifications, lCDs and system level requirements documentation
• Attend contractor reviews (e.g. PMRs, PDR, CDR, pre- ship and other meetings) to provide technically based recommendations
• Supporting duties include schedule tracking, risk and opportunity assessment, change management, and contractual change management.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• In-depth understanding of DOD/IC satellite ground systems and architectures
• Systems engineering and system integration experience with DOD ground systems (including Mission Planning, Command and Control, Mission Processing, Network, and Communications)
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment
• Experience in DOD/lC acquisition and program management processes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated sustained superior performance
• Available to travel domestically
• Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly