Sys Integratn/Test Eng Asc
Job ID: 475007BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Description:The main responsibility of this position is to ensure Operational Readiness Test System (ORTS) equipment and related interfaces are operational and available including equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces, and identification of proper data extraction requirements to support testing. The ORTS engineer has to know the program, the hardware, the test program, test procedures, the procedures used to alter both hardware and software configurations. Additionally this position must be able to interface with a myriad of different personnel, different contracts, different management, the Moorestown Engineers, and the customers themselves. Coordinates with the Test Director for ORTS test related matters.
• Manage the installation, use, evaluation, and maintenance of the various ORTS-resident tools.
• Identify and resolve equipment and computer program issues using thorough knowledge of the ORTS debugging capabilities
• Analyze element test results, data recording, and report findings as necessary for functional tests involving ORTS
• Provide status ORTS reports to the AWS Engineers and Test Coordinators
• Provide engineering support for the interfaces and their capabilities & limitations
• Analyze ORTS pre-availability baseline test packages and resolve discrepancies
• Review Installation Control Drawings (ICDs), SIDs and LARs
• Review ORTS existing test procedures and recommend changes
• Coordinate with In-Service Engineering Agencies (ISEA), Combat System Engineering Agent (CSEA) and Software Support Activities (SSA) in preparation for tests
• Ensure availability of test related computer program data, extraction point sets, special recording devices, special instrumentation, and data collection media required to support system level testing
• Ensure ORTS equipment and ORTS-resident tools are properly configured for each test event
• Support ORTS-based firmware upgrades, CAT-based Signal Processor and Transmitter equipment alignments, and Network evaluation using ORTS tools
• Provide ORTS support for crew preparations for trials
• Troubleshoot ORTS equipment, configuration and computer program problems
• Participate/perform data collection and analysis for summary and final report document discrepancies utilizing the Availability Observation Report (AOR) process
• Support crew familiarization with ORTS equipment, operations, and maintenance
• Assist the Combat System Engineer/ Test Coordinator in development of the Lessons Learned report
• Experience solving complex computer/network system problems
• Must be physically able to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway
• Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-corporate team with minimal supervision in an interrupt-driven, multi-tasking environment
• Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Project)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
• Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
• Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)