Program Planner/Scheduler (Senior level)
Job ID: 474099BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
Description:If you love all things space and get excited about the prospect of working with a team that is actively pursuing and executing programs as part of the NASA campaign to put man back on the moon then Lockheed Martin Commercial Civil Space is the place for you. Our new team member will be someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment, enjoys diverse challenges, leads by example, and has the desire and ability to foster collaboration and teamwork to generate impactful results.
The Program Planning team interfaces with product teams and Program Management to develop and maintain Integrated Master Schedules. The Integrated Master Schedule will incorporate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program. As a lead on the planning team the selected you will conduct and manage the following activities for the programs and proposals within Advanced Programs:
- Develop and maintain top level Integrated Master Schedules in MS Project Server
- Conduct critical path & risk analyses and output into actionable data for the Program
- Assist in negotiating giver/receivers and facilitate workaround planning when needed
- Drive program control, analyses and forecasting in support of program business rhythm
- Provide guidance to Control Account Managers in the application of Earned Value
- Communicate schedule impacts and develop corrective action proposals
- Interface with Program Management and Customer teams on schedule related topics
- Provide direction and mentoring to other planners and other team members
This is a senior level Program Planner role. Our employees working in this level of position typically have14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Demonstrated planning/scheduling expertise with Microsoft Project, @Risk and FastTrack and/or One Pager
- Extensive experience supporting projects with Earned Value requirements
- Strong understanding of the Program Performance Management Process
- Proposal experience with an understanding of the pursuit process
- Experience conducting critical path and risk analyses
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end lifecycle of a spacecraft program
- Understanding of Agile planning techniques
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers
- Strong sense of follow-up and closure with attention to detail and quality
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Self-starter able to operate with minimal guidance
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Planning
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2