Affordability Engineer Staff
Job ID: 475729BR
Date posted: Mar. 15, 2019
City: Fort Worth
Program: Joint Strike Fighter
Description:This opportunity is within the F-35 Systems Engineering, Technology & Strategies organization; the position supports the F-35’s Affordability Program, specifically Sustainment Cost Reduction Initiatives (SCRI) projects, and other F-35 Affordability Initiatives. The qualified candidate will support Sustainment Cost Category Subject Matter Experts (SME), the F-35 Sustainment Team, and the functional Executive Leadership Team, as well as program office leadership responsible for the cost management of the development, production, and sustainment business units.
The candidate will report to the F35 Systems Engineering & Integration Manager and obtain day-to-day direction from the Affordability Operations Management manager. The candidate will be responsible for help to provide counsel regarding Affordability processes, business decision criteria’s, and funding options to the Affordability Team. The candidate will also monitor costs and cost reduction initiative (CRI) opportunities, and provide technical and programmatic guidance to the Affordability CRI process managers.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and an interim Secret clearance to start.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
Systems engineering experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools emphasizing Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with written, verbal, and presentation communications skills, including briefing to members of upper management.
- Experience in systems engineering disciplines with understanding of the total lifecycle (architecture, requirements, design, analysis, integration, verification, production and sustainment) including the following key competencies: Supplier Interface, Proposal Analysis, Risk and Opportunity Assessment
- Experience working with the change request process.
- Experience with trade studies that yielded balanced solutions, meeting both technical and programmatic needs
- Understanding and strong appreciation for practicing and developing Standard Work processes and tools.
- Ability to work well with team members across multiple organizations as well as self-start and integrate solutions or projects to completion.
- Knowledge of overall F-35 air system, design, and processes.
- Knowledge of F-35 development, production operations, and sustainment.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles or experience.
- Knowledge of Subcontract Management process (TINA, FAR, proposal, PCA, negotiations, FFP, LTA, MRC, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day