Systems Engineer, Project Engineer
Job ID: 476051BR
Date posted: Mar. 19, 2019
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Special Programs Line of Business has been delivering extraordinary solutions to some of our nation’s most critical imperatives. Leveraging the full spectrum of capabilities across the Lockheed Martin Corporation, Space’s Special Programs team provides its range of customers a legacy of superior performance, relevance, and innovation with an unrelenting focus on Operational Excellence and Mission Success.
Work collaboratively with Special Programs teams and customers to provide systems engineering and integration solutions to stakeholders.
The candidate shall have a working understanding of the full requirements and verification life-cycle. The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of high-level systems engineering capabilities and processes. The candidate must exhibit the skills to integrate components and subsystems into a larger assembly and help the CPE and/or lower assembly team understand the larger system perspective.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Requirements generation, decomposition and flowdown
• Requirements specification generation and maintenance of the documentation
• Verification and validation planning, execution, and closure – with a focus on “how” requirements are verified
• Coordinate hardware, software, and system level tests with multi-disciplinary teams
• Develop and maintain the Interface Control Documents (ICDs), constraint matrices, and CONOPS
• Participate in post-test data reviews and product generations
• Create and maintain system level verification reports
1. BS in Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited university (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Computer)
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate across multidisciplinary teams and diverse stakeholder teams
3. Able to obtain a TS or TS/SCI Clearance; US citizenship required
1. Writing requirements for specification documents
2. Developing interfaces as input to an interface control document
3. DOORS experience.
4. Demonstrated skills to drive issues to closure
5. Current TS or TS/SCI clearance
6. Able to work independently
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2