Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Experienced Telecommunications / Communications Integration Consultant, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with Cisco and Avaya products and associated systems development, deployment and support methods and are looking to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems. As an Experienced IT Consultant, you possess and apply your expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Have the ability to apply your comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plan and lead major technology assignments. Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
In this role you will support development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas with a focus on Cisco, Avaya and other telecommunications/communications technologies. You will provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Also, you will provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies in support of their strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Provides interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services highly desirable.
• Experience supporting Cisco-based solutions as well as telecommunications/communications services across complex, multi-location enterprises.
• Experience working with Federal government network/circuit contracts and their commercial provders.
• Experience managing provision of communications services in support of emergency management operations a strong plus.
• Hands on experience designing, operating, maintaining and repairing LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice (PBX and VIOP) and video services.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, including Hybrid Cloud Architectures desirable.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL v3 Intermediate Level desirable.
• Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional Certification desirable.
• Desired certifications: Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist, Avaya Certified Support Specialist, Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, Cisco Certified Voice Professional, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Certified Wireless Network Administrator
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 8 years of Cisco experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.