Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
- Provide subject matter expertise and capability to consult/troubleshoot security related matters for enterprise information system and network architectures, access problems and implementation of security policies and procedures. Ensures security access and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. Demonstrate a familiarity with a variety of security concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks with limited guidance and supervision. Reports to Team Lead.
- Apply knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Assist in managing and maintaining the security integrity of all IT systems and network architectures
- Ensures program maintains Authorization to Operate
- Ensures security documentation is maintained
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access systems
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of assigned systems as to the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology refresh evolutions.
- Advise users of the security features and procedures used in their ISs
- Evaluate and develop approach to solutions while proactively assessing items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- Provide vulnerability remediation and mitigation recommendations
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools
- Assist with the software installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime for security tools
- Assist in providing documentation on security practices and vulnerability mitigation reports
- Assist in supporting accreditation activities
- Participate in system reviews to include hardware and software, in-house development and provide recommendations for securing these systems
- Assist in IT security incident response and documentation
- Provide security administration for all IT Security applications and associated accounts
- Perform regularly scheduled security reviews (e.g., technology, operations and personnel)
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications
- Perform regularly scheduled software upgrades/updates for security tools
- Assist with projects involving database and security issues and requirements
- Understand and address security concerns with network infrastructure
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
- Expert on security directives, policies, publications and regulations
- Experience in creating System Security Plans
- Experience in IT security certifications (CISSP, CISM/CISA, ECSA, CEH, Sec+)
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- Knowledgeable with security practices of Intranet and Extranet
- Knowledgeable with Linux, UNIX, Windows Servers 2012 & 2016, Windows 10
- Understanding of protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S and DNS
- Knowledgeable in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPSec, PKI and TCP/IP
- Knowledgeable with the accreditation process in support of such programs as DIACAP and NIST ?
Other Skills Preferred:
- CISSP certification
- 5 to 7 years of experience in IT security field
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety, sometime ambiguous, requirements
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- Familiar with security controls of Federal Information Systems
Must be able to type
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.