Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Digital Design FPGA Engineer to work on products for defense applications. The position will be located in El Segundo, California.
The candidate is responsible for developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing VHDL design, performing VHDL or SystemVerilog simulation, synthesis, timing analysis, and testing of the FPGA in a laboratory setting. They will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of FPGA VHDL design, VHDL or SystemVerilog verification, microprocessor, memory, and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Synopsys, or Cadence Simulation Tools
- Experience with Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, or Microsemi FPGA Development tools
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, or FPGA debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, AMBA
- Knowledge of embedded processors and SOC development for FPGA devices
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Designing for Defense Electronics or other highly-regulated environments
- Active or Recent Security Clearance
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Leadership experience
- Exposure to Digital Signal Processing
- FPGA Development with Linux Operating System
Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer EngineeringDesired Education:
Advanced degrees in related fields or technology a plus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.