Description SAIC is seeking a part-time epidemiologist to provide consulting, scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to military health clients.
Responsibilities to include:
• Using expertise in SAS® and SQL® programming to conduct analysis of complex quantitative military health data;
• Developing and conducting data analysis models to identify appropriate statistical approaches;
• Developing theoretical framework for models based on evidence base;
• Running preliminary analyses to inform decision making and research activities; and
• Contributing to development and drafting of research articles for potential journal submission.
Qualifications • Graduate degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or related field AND at least two years of post-graduate experience in research related role.
• Strongly preferred that candidate has experience conducting data extraction and analyses on DoD databases, particularly MHS Data Repository (MDR) and MHS Mart (M2).
• Meet security requirements for obtaining a Common Access Card (CAC).
• Familiarity with military health and/or health care data.
• Expertise in research design, translating concepts into tangible, relevant analyses.
• Ability to translate statistical program output into comprehensible language consistent with research journal content.
• Knowledge of and experience with statistical programs and working with large data sets.
• Knowledge of defense health subject matter and concepts.
• Familiarity with documents required to access MHS data (e.g., data sharing agreement, System Authorization Access Request form, DHA Contractor Add User Form, Researcher Responsibility form, Account Authorization Request Form).
• Familiarity with required processes to access MHS data (e.g., completing human research training courses).
• Self-direction and exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff, and external customers.
• Excellent analytic, writing, problem solving, and communication skills are essential.