Raytheon is seeking an experienced program management, planning & scheduling professional to join the SAS Planning & Scheduling Department. This position is for a Program Planner within Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems in El Segundo, CA or Goleta, CA. You will be the focal point for all matters pertaining to schedule on their program or programs, and will be directly accountable for adherence to Raytheon and government policies in the area of scheduling and earned value. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on requirements provided by the customer as part of a Request For Proposal (RFP)
- Development of a DID and DCMA compliant, executable IMS after contract award; resource loading the IMS prior to an Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) that demonstrates thorough cost and schedule integration;
- Detail planning and maintenance throughout the program’s lifecycle that incorporates contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS in order to maintain realistic, current contract schedule baselines.
- Detailed analysis of the IMS and supporting documents to ensure quality, completeness and compliance. The weekly and monthly business rhythms will require communication (electronically and verbally) of schedule status including but not limited to, results of critical path analysis, schedule risk analysis (SRA), schedule variance analysis and the results of ‘what if’ exercises to the Program Manager, the customer and potentially to senior management.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Program Master Phasing Schedule and Integrated Master Plan (IMP).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in leading project planning exercises, as well as the creation and maintenance of Integrated Master Plans and Master Schedules (IMP/IMS).
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other similar Scheduling software.
- Demonstrated ability to decompose statements of work into their basic elements and transform them into a workable program plan.
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels of an organization Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Experience in the area of analyzing and querying schedule data (including Schedule Metrics).
- Experience in leading project planning exercises, as well as the creation and maintenance of Integrated Master Plans and Master Schedules (IMP/IMS).
- Experience using numerous ancillary scheduling products such as Risk+, @Risk, FastTrak and PertChart Expert.
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) expertise.
- Ability to decompose statements of work into their basic elements and transform them into a workable program plan.
- Intimately familiar with applicable Government regulations, especially pertaining to program planning and Earned Value compliance.
- Conversant in basic product development principles including Agile software development.
- Familiarity with the Theory of Constraints and the Critical Chain Program Management methodology
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology or related field of study
Conversant in basic product development principles including Agile software development.
- Familiarity with the Theory of Constraints and the Critical Chain Program Management methodology.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.