General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Work independently as part of a small team of system engineers responsible for the care and feeding of a homogeneous Windows and Linux Based architecture. The system base is a mix of virtual and bare metal servers. The team supports 24X7 operations. The position will primarily focus on Operating System, domain services, application integration, and design, but the nature of a small team requires the ability to take on additional duties without significant dependence on documented procedures.
* 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting domain services (DNS, SMTP, user administration, group policies, certificate management)
* 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-site Windows Active Directory domains.
* 5+ Years of experience implementing and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory group policies, security policies, and user account administration.
* 5+ Years of experience providing system administration support of Windows Server machines
* 5+ Years of scripting experience (Python, perl, powershell, VBscript, bash)
* 5+ Years of experience configuring and troubleshooting web servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, ngix)
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting print servers
* Deployment and configuration of server side applications
* Standard baseline image creation for workstations and servers
* Defining resource requirements/standards for desktops
* Ability to partner with other systems administrators, storage administrators, application developers, and network engineers to solve complex problems
* Familiarity with the Linux Operating System
* Virtual Desktop provisioning
* Experience working with syslog applications such as Splunk
* Experience configuring and supporting virtualized compute environments
* Experience designing, configuring, and troubleshooting server backup and replication solutions
* Experience with implementing and troubleshooting anti-virus management platforms such as McAfee ePO
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.