Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Principal System Test Engineering Lead to join our APEX System Engineering team in Aurora, Colorado.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
Raytheon’s Apex program is experiencing significant growth in capabilities including the addition of new ground terminals. This is an opportunity to experience a full development lifecycle of new capabilities from system requirements definition, Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), system verification, system deployment to CONUS and OCONUS locations, and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support. Opportunities exist in engineering leadership, O&M, system engineering and design of custom developed software, COTS hardware solutions, control of RF hardware, and infrastructure across multiple security enclaves.
As a Principal System Test Engineering Lead, you will lead a diverse team of engineers in the accomplishment of test tasks in an iterative development environment; supporting I&T assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, test and integration plans and sequences relative to complex software subsystems and drive to resolution of conflicting issues. The candidate will prepare and lead I&T system readiness reviews and support program design reviews in addition to conducting tests, which include collaborating with other teams and disciplines.
- Technical direction/oversight for developing, designing and implementing test activities throughout the various stages of the software development cycle
- Responsible for the management of the Integration and Test Team’s activities, including cost and schedule in support of program milestones – assist in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development and maintenance in conjunction with program planners and cost account management (CAM) using Earned Value Management (EVMS) techniques
- Estimate test impacts, technical approach, and costs for customer requested engineering proposals
- Interface with program and engineering leadership regarding technical and cost analysis
- Aid in the deployment of the satellite ground system command and control software for system level testing
- Functional team leadership; including employee performance evaluations and a career development counseling
The Test Engineering Lead reports programmatically to the SEIT Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, functionally to the SEIT Department Manager, and interfaces regularly with the other IPT Leads, Program Management Office and the Office of Chief Engineers.Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current SCI and with an active SSBI
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- A minimum of 8 years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record
- Integration and Test experience on a large government software development contract at the system, subsystem or component level
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Direct experience in creating test cases, plans and procedures
- Hands on console experience integrating complex software systems and executing test procedures
- Experience conducting system, subsystem or component level tests
- Ability to help analyze system problems and communicate those issues to software and systems engineers as well as the customer
- Experience with cost estimation and proposal development
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Must have an active SCI clearance
• Systems and/or Software Engineering experience on a large government software development contractEducation Requirements:
• Experience in Command and Telemetry, Mission Planning, Mission Execution and/or Information Assurance
• Engineering functional leadership experience
• Experience using DOORS
• Raytheon EVMS Certification
• Raytheon Program Manger Level 6 Certification
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.