Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Radar Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) organization is seeking committed engineering leaders who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter.
We are seeking a Flight Test Planning Manager to lead growing capabilities with the Tactical Radar Systems Department for the Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage small team to deliver mission success for complex flight test projects across multiple SAS Mission Areas
- Ensure team work products and program deliverables meet program requirements on cost & schedule
- Develop test project technical requirements into executable flight test plans
- Developing and Gating SAS program flight test plans and safety plans
- Leading customer flight test Technical Review Boards and Safety Review Boards
- Coordinating and scheduling test activities with major Test Ranges across often competing programs to deliver mission success
- Lead for process development of test profiles, flight cards, test matrices, mission flows, and execution
- Responsible for Flight Test Planning Team development, project assignment, and overall work product delivery
- Lead Mission Director aboard the Raytheon Multi-Program Testbed and other Raytheon test platforms
- Troubleshooting flight systems and integrating with system hardware and software teams to resolve technical issues during the integration and testing phases
- Lead for developing flight products and draft reports for presentation
This position requires strong leadership and technical skills to support multiple development programs including AESA, Gen 5/6, MFEOIR, and technology demonstration programs. Ideal candidates for this requisition should possess an engineering degree and have direct flight test and mission planning leadership experience.Required Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant flight test experience
- 12+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Extensive experience managing multi-functional team in dynamic environments
- Extensive communication and presentation skills with senior-level leaders, external customers, and end users
- Demonstrated expertise in flight test planning, government flight safety review boards, test techniques, and test conduct
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve while working in high paced, high demand laboratory and flight test environments
- Ability to effectively interface with senior-level leaders, external customers, end users & analysts
- Ability to work flexible non-standard hours (ie – 2nd shift, 3rd shift, and weekends) on an occasional basis in support of laboratory and flight tests
- Ability to hold an FAA Class III medical certificate
- Active Secret or higher Security Clearance with the ability to obtain SAP/SAR clearances
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- TS Clearance with SAP access
- Raytheon Multi-program Testbed (RMT) experience
- Strong desire initiative and demonstrated team leadership to accomplish mission oriented results
- Flight Test Director, Mission Director, or Test Conductor experience
- Strong aviation background to include professional with military or civil flight experience
- Strong background in aircraft flight operations, aviation terminology, and radio procedures
- Strong experience with customers, contractors, and cross functional support
- Strong analytical and technical ability for end-to-end development programs
- Demonstrated leadership in implementing flight test tools (i.e. ForeFlight, MATLAB, MS Office, Python, C++, Java, Linux)
- FAA Airworthiness and Certification experience
BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics, or Technical Science degreeDesired Education:
MS in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics with emphasis in computer systems
Graduate of USAF TPS, USNTPS, NTPS, Empire TPS, or EPNER (or equivalent flight test engineer curriculum) 136935
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.