General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
1. Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
2. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
3. Lays out and marks points on parts or sub-assemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
7. May serve as a team leader.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
1+ years of experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.