General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Primary responsibilities include providing customer support for Voice Services, provisioning, installing and troubleshooting data and telecommunications network infrastructure. Work remotely with Phone Technicians to provide customer problem solutions. Additional requirements include creating and updating network documentation. This position will work closely with other members of the voice and network core team to support the overall mission of the company and its' strategic business initiatives.
1. Demonstrate knowledge and experience in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of voice, data, and/or network communications systems.
2. Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
3. Demonstrate excellent attentiveness to detail and professional manner for customer support
4. Demonstrate good working knowledge of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering
5. Demonstrate ability to understand and apply technical concepts and ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and experience of basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/ connectivity
7. Knowledge in support for IP, VoIP, PBX, voice mail, voice networks, and video systems
8. System Certification with major Vendor Voice System (Cisco, Nortel, Ribbon or other)
9. Knowledge of DOD network and system security requirements
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitoring and evaluation of voice configurations of Voice equipment: Genband/Ribbon AS, Cisco Call Manager, Audiocodes gateways.
2. Monitoring and evaluation of voice configurations of Cisco and Juniper network devices.
3. IP Telephony systems administration, configuration, and implementation
4. Design /maintain documentation related to system layout
Active Secret Clearance
3+ years of Field and/or Phone Technician Vocational experience and/or OJT Training
Experience with industry standard Voice over IP (VOIP), ISDN, and Analog phone installation
Security+ CE certification
Secret Security Clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.