SAIC is seeking a Lead System Engineer who will provide support in developing long-term strategic initiatives for our customer organization to meet present and future mission needs. The scope of strategic initiatives may include the coordination of design, development, analysis, and deployment of innovative equipment, projects, cutting edge technologies, or operations for the use of complex special communications capabilities or solutions.
The lead engineer will employ knowledge of satellite communications to include ground terminals (VSAT and small form-factor transceivers), space vehicles (LEO, GEO), and ground stations to determine applicability to customer’s mission and future endeavors of the customer. The lead will provide systems engineering support in satellite communications to characterize usage for a new state of the art small form-factor radios using best practice systems engineering principles in addition to documenting results in an appropriate cogent report for distribution to multiple levels of decision-making authorities. The individual will generate and provide commentary and analysis of presentations, ICDs, SOPs, CONOPS and contract documentation for applicability to new opportunities in special communications related activities.
The lead engineer will identify state of the art technologies to support the customer's mission through trade magazines and attendance at conferences and technology focus seminars as well as gather and develop requirements to ensure incorporation into future systems to fulfill mission. The lead will develop policy documents involving special communications systems and ferry them through to final sign off which involves incorporating multiple voices’ requirements into one document which can be supported by the community. The individual will facilitate cooperation between multiple levels of the customer and multiple organizations across the government on communications-based projects, facilitate communication between the contract PM and customer for the division's team, and coordinate the customer's requests amongst the team members. The lead engineer will manage the onboarding of new team members and other day-to-day operations to allow the team to properly support the customer with little interruption.
• Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Requires BS degree in related technical area or equivalent experience
• Requires 9 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of end-to-end satellite communications as it applies to commercial satellite systems.
• Experience with Overhead Commercial MSS (Mobile Subscriber Systems)
• Experience with Provisioning and Service Agreements for Satellite services
• Understanding of the systems engineering process and application
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience editing and writing reports/documents
• Experience utilizing system engineering or project management principles for requirements development
• Ability to foster collaborative relationships, encourage teamwork, and promote cooperation
• Ability to think critically and strategically; and solve problems
• Must possess diplomatic, tactful, and strong interpersonal and professional skills to resolve politically sensitive issues
• Experience with Microsoft Office software (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint)