Systems Engineering & Data
Job ID: 478212BR
Date posted: Apr. 10, 2019
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:This role sits in the intersection of Engineering, Economics, Risk, Finance and Strategy.
#1: Must be able to find a path to Yes.
Provide cost and technical data reports from an existing database. Provide cost and technical data to a variety of organizations across LMSSC for proposals, RFIs, ROMs, should-costs, cost models, crosschecks, special studies and independent analysis. Toward this objective, operate, maintain and improve an existing database. Collect a variety of cost, mass and other data. Corelate the data. Make the data into information that is easy for users to understand.
Only 25% of this job is classic database work. 75% is Dynamic & Open: reports, collaborating and supporting many functions at Lockheed Martin Space (Lines of Business, Customers, Executive level data requests, also cost, engineering, proposal teams, etc); Industry engagement, flow of data, flexibility to support dynamic Customer reporting requirements
• Technical breadth is important. Must have familiarity with how satellite systems function down to the subsystem and box level. Components below the box level (for example, board, diode) is not required. Missile familiarity is also desirable. Technical depth is less important.
• Must be willing take imperfect data and come up with solutions.
• Must be able to analyze cost and mass data to identify standard subsystems and equipment (box level) known as mapping to a standard Work Breakout Structure.
• Must be willing to create a path forward.
• Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with various deadlines (due in 1 month, 1 day, 1 hour, etc.)
Must be willing to learn the following: (Prior experience is preferred, but not required)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access: tables, queries, reports, forms
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel: Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Power Pivot
• Accounting system: SAP FICO, Accounting Data Reporting (ADR WEBI)
• Earned Value Management (EVM): Cobra
• Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) on multiple programs
• Tableau, building dash boards and user interfaces to database
• Enthusiasm to continue efficiency of current tools & database structure
• Working with contracts, NDAs, Customer cost groups to collect, normalize, share and understand LM Space engineering and cost data
• Top security , or the ability to obtain and maintain a
• Must be resourceful to find additional information as needed.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2