Space System Console Operator (SCO)
Job ID: 479439BR
Date posted: Apr. 10, 2019
Description:Seeking experienced Radar Operators to operate the AN/FSY-3, SPACE FENCE radar and subsystems. Tasking includes performing mission operations, radar calibration, data collection/distribution and deficiency reporting. Successful candidate shall provide space surveillance console operator tasking of the AN/FSY-3 Space Fence radar sensor site located on Kwajalein Island, Marshall Islands from the Space Fence Operations Center (SOC) located in Huntsville, AL. Contract award is expected in late 2018 with an anticipated start of Oct 2018. The final start date for this position is contingent upon contract award.
This position is for the successful candidate to operate the Space Fence Radar from the Space Fence Operations Center located in Huntsville, AL.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include:
• Communicates daily with the military customer in a highly professional manner, with courtesy and respect.
• Operations include:
- SOC operator to support test activities which include deficiency resolution reporting during Developmental Test and Evaluations (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluations (OT&E).
- Support SOC Detachment Commander in Detachment standup activities to include, but not limited to, development of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Technical Orders (TOs), etc.
- Communicate with Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC) and JSpOC Mission System (JMS) personnel regarding space catalog data, mission status coordination and reporting, emergent/critical taskings, and other operational elements to ensure the stability of the Space Situational Awareness mission.
• Ability to work in a demanding, real time environment.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible work schedules by providing 24/7 support to real time mission operations.
• Support travel as required for mission operations
• Demonstrate initiative in on-the-job training while working as part of a team and the desire to help train others as they progress in developing team and individual skills related to SOC operations.
Minimum of three years applicable experience with DoD space sensor operations or other commercial equivalency. Experience operating radar sensors is desirable.
• Ability to take direction and perform to exacting standards
• US Citizenship
• Security Clearance: DoD SECRET
• U.S. passport or the ability to obtain one is required
Knowledge of the space surveillance network and satellite catalog isdesirable. Applicable DoD space sensor operations experience or commercial equivalent experience for the Operator positions is highly desirable. •
Knowledge of the space surveillance network and satellite catalog is desirable
• Associates or bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
• USAKA/RTS Space Surveillance experience
• Successful completion of formal military or civilian technical training in one of the following areas: Space Operations, Radar Operations, or Satellite Control.
• In lieu of formal military or civilian technical training as stated above, an associate's or bachelor’s degree in a technical field and certification in Computer Operation & Maintenance, Networking or Databases may be considered.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Technicians
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)