full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Sr. Database Administrator, in the Chantilly, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
The successful candidate will work as part of the overall DBA team to determine, implement, and maintain the most efficient ways to organize and store data.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities
• Participating in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases
• Managing, monitoring, and administering database system performance and schedules
• Monitoring the performance of system files and managing system data to maintain performance efficiency
• Conducting performance tuning, baselining and forecasting system performance, and managing configurations
• Providing technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects
• Recommending appropriate procedure, query, or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability
• Installing and configuring database environments
• Performing backups, restores, and archiving data
• Participating in server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems
• Recommending and implementing approved process and tool improvements
Required Experience, Skills, & Technologies
• Significant experience with Oracle 12c architecture and database design, and related Oracle technologies (Partition, TDE Encryption, etc.) on Linux systems
• Significant PL/SQL developer experience
• Significant experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimization of database environments
• Strong understanding of high-availability solutions and architecture
• Strong understanding of backup methodologies and their implementation (RMAN, Data Guard)
• Significant GoldenGate experience
• Experience developing processes and procedures to standardize database installations and configurations
• Experience managing very large databases (terabytes and petabytes)
• Strong documentation skills
Desired Experience, Skills & Technologies
• Oracle OCP or OCM certification(s)
• Strong Linux experience
• Experience migrating from Spark Oracle to X86 systems
• Experience automating, scripting, and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy; shell scripting experience