District of Columbia
Position Title: Systems Engineer
Position Description: The candidate will be supporting U. S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) performing at a minimum the following tasks.
· Future Capabilities Analysis Support:
o Support implementing Apex border situational awareness (BSA) sponsored technology through U.S. Border Patrol’s Future Capabilities Group / CBP Innovation Team (INVNT) via systems engineering activities, administrative and programmatic support functions, enabling concept of operations (CONOPS) and scenario development, requirements definition, technical and operational demonstrations, and follow on analysis related to long-term CBP efforts as well as analysis related to quick-turn, ad hoc requests.
o Conduct result of value analysis utilizing Joint Mission Thread construct to include, if necessary, process simulations to determine the effects of technology insertions.
· Program Management Support. Including, but not limited to:
o Create and track program schedules, report against applicable milestones
o Formulate program budgets, track budget status, and provide regular and recurring updates on budget status
o Track and report program performance against identified benchmarks, goals, and/or requirements
o Asset tracking and accountability using appropriate CBP systems (CBP will provide training for, and access to, said systems)
o Assist in coordinating, compiling, and documenting user feedback on identified technology solutions using industry standard methodologies and applicable IT applications
o Assist in developing test plans and test reports used to assess the efficacy of deployed technologies
o Develop intra-INVNT processes that improve overall office efficiency
· Privacy, FOIA, and Compliance Documentation support:
o Prepare programmatic documentation including, but not limited to Privacy Threshold Assessments, Privacy Impact Assessments, project plans, briefings, white papers, scopes of work, independent government cost estimates, and transition documents
o Manage requests for information filed via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and assist in the preparation, evaluation, and submission of such requests.
· Briefing, Communications, and Collateral Development:
o Coordinate with a broad spectrum of geographically dispersed stakeholders, in person and virtually, to achieve programmatic goals. Examples include industry, CBP personnel, representatives from other government agencies, academia, and other strategic partners
o Draft and/or provide input to speeches, talking points, briefings for formal speaking engagements such as forums, trade shows, conferences, and other similar events where senior INVNT and/or CBP personnel are representing the agency
o Draft and coordinate responses to time sensitive internal and external inquiries regarding INVNT portfolio, such as individual program status, budget, and/or mission
· Must be able to pass DHS CBP entrance on duty (EOD) requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
· 2 years supporting U.S. government customers
· Position will require travel
· Proficient using Microsoft (MS) office and MS project applications
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally between multiple government agencies and contractors support staff to plan, create, and track project artifacts
· 5 plus years supporting U.S. government customers
· 2 plus years supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) particularly CBP
· Secret or Top Secret security clearance
· Experience with developing project schedules, budgets, presentations, and test plans
· Logistics Subject Matter Expertise related to the technologies associated with Border Security and Innovative Technology Systems.
· Experience developing policies and standards associated with Logistics and Sustainment (L&S) initiatives.
· Familiarity with unified modeling language (UML) and Sparx Systems tools
· Experience with ProModel and Process Simulator (MS Visio plug-in)
Position Status: Full Time Equivalent (FTE) or 1,980 hours per year per position
Primary Location: Onsite at a government facility within Washington, D.C.
Travel: Estimated at four (4) days per month
Security Clearance Requirements: Must pass entrance on duty (EOD) requirements including DHS CBP background investigation (BI)