SAIC is seeking a full-time IT Project Manager to work in a fast-paced, dynamic Department of Defense Chief Information Office (DoD CIO) support organization located in Tampa, FL. The successful candidate will lead a broad range of IT projects using project management best practices. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that the capability required by the government customer is successfully delivered and accepted. He or she will be responsible for multitasking several projects, including provisioning enterprise software, infrastructure, cyber security, and network system initiatives. The project manager will ensure that each assigned project is well-defined, expertly executed, and positively accepted. He or she will document project progress and communicate project status to key stakeholders. U.S. Central Command's (USCENTCOM's) published project management processes will be adhered to accordingly.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Works aggressively cross-divisionally with CIO leadership, program managers, engineers, and other key stakeholders to ensure full integration and synchronization of project management activities.
- Ensures meeting coordination, scope clarity, policy compliance, alignment within strategic objectives, and effective communication.
- Works with other project and program managers to ensure engineering, cyber security, and operational SME resources are available to deliver projects.
- Directs project team to follow comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Updates MS Project plans and maintains files on Project Server.
- Uses MS Office products to create and maintain project plans, schedules, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, risk registers, and briefings.
- Applies risk management principles to identify, analyze, mitigate, accept, or ignore risks for all projects.
- Coordinates activities with IT portfolio managers, governance/policy leads, resource managers, program managers, and government leads to ensure desired solutions are supportable/documented across all functions --to include full cyber security accreditation and operational network sustainment.
- Ensures all project scope changes are fully vetted and documented.
- Works closely with engineering and operations teams to minimize design time and reduce service transition risks.
Required skills and certifications:
· Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience.
· Active PMP certification is required; OR, must be able to obtain one within 6 months of start date.
· 5 years of experience in IT project management
· Secret clearance with ability to secure a Top Secret clearance
· DoD or federal government experience
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and apply other time management skills to operate effectively in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, in both day-to-day operational and IT management interaction contexts
· ITIL V3 Foundations certified
· Scrum or Agile certified
· CISCO, VMWare, Microsoft, cyber security certification(s) a strong plus
· USCENTCOM and/or similar senior DoD staff experience