Electrical Systems Engineer
Job ID: 479619BR
Date posted: Apr. 12, 2019
Description:Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As an Electrical Systems Engineer, you will:
- Work on Weapon System electrical performance and integration, power modeling, channelization/electrical interconnect management, compatibility analysis, and electrical subsystem designs to assure compliance with the technical baseline
- Maintain end-to-end electrical compatibility, functional allocations and margins across Weapon System elements and organizations
- Contribute to complex trades to determine the baseline architecture incorporating components from heritage systems as well as newly developed systems
- Serve as technical advocate for the Weapon System electrical design throughout its life cycle, from requirements definition through mission operations
- Support verification that the Weapon System follows both the Command Media and program technical requirements
- Participate in developing and executing critical program reviews such as SRR, SDR, PDR and CDR
- Effectively communicate to team and program leadership extemporaneously and in formal reviews
- Support Weapon System test activities and anomaly investigations
- Support data reviews and provide feedback to test and integration teams
- Find opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
- System/electrical design, integration, test, and/or operations
- Familiarity with systems engineering fundamentals
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Master's degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or other related discipline
- Electrical design and integration (power modeling, electrical compatibility analysis, etc.)
- Expertise in Zuken
- Integration of flight software and databases
- Experience with missile systems, hypersonics
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
- Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
- Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
- Active U.S. Security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2