Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Informatica ETL Developer
to join our team in Herndon, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This person will be part of the team that supports a growing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence environment using Informatica, Oracle 12c on Exadata, SAP Business Objects and Oracle OBIEE on Exalytics.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
• Develop data profiling and quality assessment processes
• Develop data filtering, transformation and loading requirements
• Determine appropriate translations between source data and target databases
• Capture metadata as it pertains to sources and targets
• Load and transform data from data sources into target databases
• Design and implement appropriate error handling procedures
• Develop project documentation and storage standards in conjunction with data architects
• Monitor performance, troubleshoot and tune ETL processes as appropriate
• Develop ETL workflows using Informatica for periodic data loads from source to target databases
• Validate and verify the data in the target databases.
• Particapte in rotation of 24/7 Prod support.
• Bachelor's degree and 10 year's overall relevant experience
• Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the architecture, design and development of ETL programs using Informatica data integration tools
• Expert knowledge of Informatica version 10.2
• Experience working with large scale enterprise datawarehouse comprising of 10+TB of data
• Knowledge of reporting tools like Business Objects or OBIEE a plus
• Minimum 2 full lifecycle project experience with small development groups, e.g., leading ground up development of Informatica standards in one or more previous projects
• Demonstrated ability to navigate through organizational and technical uncertainty
• Mastery of Unix concepts and commands, including process management, directory structures, file permissions and editors
• Solid background in Oracle database 11g or 12c preferably in Exadata environment with a focus on manipulating large volume data set
• Stored procedure development experience
• Solid experience building SQL queries, including creating sub-queries, minus/union, and inline queries and performance tuning of SQL in Oracle/Exadata environment
• Fluency with business concepts related to relational and dimensional data models
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
• Experience with AWS Cloud and HDFS - Big Data would be a plus
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
Clearance – Must pass CBP BI Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
LOCATION: Herndon, VA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.