Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
Bring your talent and skills to the following RMS organization:
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Engineering provides engineering design, integration and life cycle support for Missiles, Smart munitions, Projectiles, Kinetic Kill Vehicles, and Directed Energy Weapons with combat system competencies including process and control, integration and test, power systems, multiple system electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave sub-assemblies.
Perform engineering analysis of new part introductions to enable component data insertion into a master database, and resolve transfer problems between databases to meet system requirements. Ensure part data master content represented is technically accurate. Manage part type bottom class assignments and technical data range constraint measures for example. Part data master entries support a large company-wide distributed tool containing electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical and material components. This is an opportunity for an engineer with 8 years’ experience with engineering problem solving and part data analysis skills. The engineer will investigate and resolve problems that impede communication and data flow between part data master and electrical design tool interfaces. The engineer will also participate in the collection and analysis of component level data used to predict obsolescence and reduce the risk of manufacturing for multiple missile systems such as TOMAHAWK.
Focus areas include component health management through research of component data, new part introductions and preferred parts tracking. The engineer will interface with multiple third party tools, stakeholders and suppliers to coordinate and document changes.
Please note this position can be an Electrical Engineer II or Sr. Electrical Engineer I depending on the candidates skills and experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required
- Database administration and management including database entry and monitoring of automated database features
- A minimum of 2 years relevant technical experience.
- Problem solving including formulation and implementation of solutions
- Technical knowledge of electrical components such as semiconductors, resistors, capacitors, RF devices, connectors, etc.
- Knowledge of Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical parts specifications and standards
- Experience working with different disciplines and project management
- Experience in the management of data capture accuracy, including data checking and feedback of results
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat, and applied knowledge of Internet search tools
Required Education (including Major):BS in an engineering discipline, including but not limited to, electrical, mechanical or systems engineering ABET certified school.
- Database development understanding table relationships and report queries
- Experience in a role that requires multitasking
- Self-starter and eagerness to seek subject matter expert inputs
- Knowledge of component screening, qualification and derating
- Knowledge of component failure modes
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes
- Obsolescence management strategies
- Systems analysis
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: Huntsville is known as the Rocket City due to the development of rockets supporting the space program. It is the home to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, the Missile Defense Agency, and the Army’s Aviation and Missile Command on the Redstone Arsenal. Raytheon is located in the Cummings Research Park () which is the 2nd Largest Research Park (26,000 employees) in the United States. Huntsville is the fastest growing city in the state of Alabama and boasts great infrastructure with wonderful commute times (one way commute 19 minutes). With all of the recent growth, many new developments and construction are underway close to Cummings Research Park:Huntsville area information:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.