full-time employee contract
We’re seeking a high-energy Financial Analyst to support the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Audit Readiness team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct variance research, analysis and resolution functions in an SAP environment.
• Utilize Data and Analytics tools (e.g., Alteryx), analytic methods and design.
• Read and analyze data determine how that data should be used / applied.
• Prioritize efforts to cover reconciliation tie-point rules for Transaction Fund (TF), General Fund (GF) and Working Capital Fund (WCF).
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret security clearance.
• Requires at least 3 years of hands on SAP experience.
Experience of six or more years in one the following but not limited to:
• Professional knowledge of accounting or audit theory, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), standards, practices, methods and procedures, and their special application in federal government (Department of Defense (DoD)/technical accounting.
• Professional knowledge of Federal Financial Management laws and regulations to include, but limited to, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars, Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA) or the Treasury Financial Manual (TFM).
• Familiar with General Ledger Account Codes (GLAC) equations associated with Treasury Financial Manual (TFM) tie-points.
• General understanding of the United States Government Standard General Ledger (USSGL), the relationships between accounts and knowledge of federal agency posting logic.
• Knowledge of technical solutions within SAP ECC 6.0:
• Strong understanding of the Funds Management (FM) module of SAP and/or SAP Public Sector (Federal) solutions
• Understanding of key business processes to include FMBL and the subsequent financial statement impact of the processes therein
• Strong understanding of the relationship between the Proprietary and Budgetary ledger accounting structure and relationship in SAP
One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
• Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or other relevant business-related field with a major or concentration in accounting, finance, economics or management information systems accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education.