This position is for a Financial Analyst II, working within the Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality (OSQ) Finance Organization.
This role requires independent work effort under the general direction of Operations Finance Manager, providing financial support and business management leadership to the Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) team and the Operations Product Line Leaders. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a strong fundamental understanding of EHSS, Operations and project management.
The primary role of chosen candidate will provide financial guidance to various team leads, the EHSS Director, and other stakeholders, by providing strategic direction for financials, including Indirect Budget management, manpower planning, compliance, and project management. This role also supports the RMS Operations staff and Product Line leaders indirect budget planning and analysis. The ability to be self-sufficient as well as operating in a team environment will be fundamental to success in this role and will help maximize the value to the organization. Business management covers a wide set of requirements, so a successful candidate will need to show flexibility in job abilities and strong communication skills.
- Provide Indirect budget management support with annual budget creation, detailed cost analysis, cost reporting, variance and trend analysis, forecasting, quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs), and risk & opportunity management. Reporting cycles will be weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Provide Project financial and management support utilizing detailed analysis of all available budgets and cost data, develop forecasts, and variance explanations. Analyst will use their understanding of business management principles, concepts, practices, to develop solutions for functional performance issues when costs exceed plan. Reporting cycles will be weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Provide cost reduction ideas and project support plus leadership based on personal expertise and experience
- Support EHSS activities in the business management role including being a key participant in organizational decision
Minimum Required Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting , Finance or a related filed and 2 year of working experience in a business management or finance role in a company environment or MS degree in a related field and 0 years of experience
- Experience in an independent role tasked to develop, update, and status financial and performance metrics and analysis driven reports
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Operating Systems and all Microsoft Office tools, with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work alone and on teams in a results oriented environment to develop solutions for complex problems that will gain desired outcomes.
- Must be able to obtain DoD Secret clearance
Highly Desired Skills:
- The confidence and courage to effectively lead, present, and participate in large and small meetings and status sessions, even when having to provide bad news or disagree with management
- Ability to quickly learn advanced financial and planning skills required by multitask requirements and to create support plans and schedules for small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Analytical skills and the ability to become proficient with main-frame style business systems where vast amounts of data require mining and analysis
- Understanding of production or similar schedule driven environment within a profit driven business based on practical experience. Ability to discuss Profit and Loss (P&L) relationships from contracts to cost analysis
- 1 year of experience in understanding the details of cost allocation over bases or amongst organizations or products
- Held one team leadership position in a fast paced environment that included multiple working organizations. This would include team leadership of financial and functional personnel
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.