|Raytheon IDS in Fulton MD, is seeking an IT System Administrator with experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux administration as we expand our internal IT team to support both corporate and software development lab systems. The selected candidate will support the Company and Software Development Labs by providing System Administration support of a Corporate Windows and Linux environment performing functions that require administrator level access on servers to include account creation, modifying permissions on user accounts and resources, software installation, application configuration, networking and storage allocation including NFS, iSCSI and Fiber Channel. Additionally, the candidate will install and configure server Operating Systems including RHEL, and Windows Server; apply security & recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis and work with Software Engineers, setting up development/test environments, including IPV4 networking, VLAN segmentation and firewall tuning. The candidate will also handle server troubleshooting/hardware upgrades as well as OS version upgrades. Additionally, the candidate will maintain and monitor servers, perform system hardening and mitigate results of IA related scans; and create and maintain documentation relating to hardware and software inventory, end-user application instructions, Change-Management, and procedures for System Administration support.|
Must have the ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret Clearance U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Linux server/VM administration of corporate and lab/program related systems
- Windows server/VM administration of corporate and lab/program related systems
- Virtualization host administration
- Basic Windows Server and Linux Server network administration
- Coordination of change management requests related to assigned systems
- 4 years of professional Unix/Linux administrative experience (Solaris, or Red Hat)
- 4 years of experience with Network File System (NFS) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Experience with networking concepts, OSI model, TCP/IP troubleshooting, and VLANs
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare vSphere, Red Hat KVM, or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with basic security concepts and vulnerability management
-Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Secret Clearance within a year of start date - US Citizenship is required.
BS/BA in a computer-related field preferred or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Professional Windows administrative experience in a domain environment
- Self-driven and highly motivated with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written form
- Experience with Active Directory domain administration including Group Policy Management and System Center Configuration Management
- Experience with multi-factor authentication system administration
- Proficiency in scripting via bash and/or Powershell
- Background with software development
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Redhat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification is highly desirable
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.