General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Applies principles of accounting to analyze balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, and other accounting schedules and reports. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures. Collects and verifies documents for input into accounting system. Researches un-captured cost and revenue and reports information to management. Analyze contract expenditures for correct accounting classifications. Assists with the monthly reconciliations of project cost and balance sheet activity. Research and resolve unexplained reconciling items, prepare adjustments and corresponding backup documentation. Notify the Manager of significant, reconciling items that remain unresolved for extended periods. Develop and generate ad-hoc financial queries and reports. Assists with the development of new processes or updates existing processes, to meet business needs. Compliance with company and government policies, approval, and supporting documentation; interacts with other accounting staff; financial managers, to resolve discrepancies; prints and reviews various reports for accuracy; participates in special projects as required.
Specific Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly reconciliations of select Balance Sheet accounts (e.g. Project Suspense, Agency and Subcontractor Labor )
- Provide support to the business units serviced by the Shared Service center by responding to user inquires
- Support the Contract Labor process and work on the new Subcontractor process in development. Review various weekly audit and errors reports from Oracle Projects, take the necessary corrective action and notify Financial organizations of actions taken, process adjustment as required.
- Provide support on Remedy issues and work with IT and/or the requestor to resolve any outstanding issues
- Act as a divisional point of contact for the Oracle Projects & Contracts module, as well as other support and reporting tool.
Weekend processing support required on a rotating basis. Production Operations team working with the IT team supports week end processing, submitting and monitoring jobs, checking for error or issues usually once every eight weeks.
0-2 years of related finance and accounting experience with emphasis on financial systems administration.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or a releated discipline or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.