General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of global supply chain management services, systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning for a government supply chain.
1)Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in support of the customer's logistics requirements including:
- Developing templates and forms such as Commercial Invoices, Shipment Manifests, Tracking Reports, and various Ad-Hoc reports in accordance with Export and ITAR compliance regulations
- Reviewing and providing guidance on customer's Bill of Materials
- Coordinate shipments through various cross functional teams, to include tracking and ensuring on time delivery of products from distributors and manufacturers, to ensure a fluid flow of material to and from various warehouse locations
2) Participates in process improvement strategies
3) Develops logistics project plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies
4) Serves as a liaison between operations and procurement in order to oversee project timelines
5) Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
6) Oversees inventory movement and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
7) Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8) Participates in special projects as required.
2+ years of related experience in project management, logistics and/or supply chain management.
Ability and willingness to obtain a Secret security clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.