KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Procurement and Materials Manager
The primary purpose includes, but is not limited to, the management of day-to-day operations of the Subcontracts & Procurement Department by organizing procurement requirements and preparing and administering major materials subcontracts and related subcontracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procurement & Materials will review requests for purchases, assign and manage workload, issue request for proposals, negotiate best costs/prices, prepare subcontracts awards, and administer and close out procurements in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, KBRwyle Work Instructions, and department policies and procedures.
- Procurement & Materials will provide direction to subordinates on more complex subcontract and procurement issues, assist with the development and implementation of Company initiatives, serve as organization spokesperson on complex and major subcontracts and procurements, and act as a subcontracts and procurement consultant to senior management.
- Maintain and continually evaluate department processes and procedures to identify opportunities for continuous improvement for increased production and efficiency for achieving quality support.
- Implement FAR requirements as related to procurement and ensure compliance to Maintain Certified System Develop, prepare Requests for Proposal, Requests for Quotation, and Invitation for Bids; Prepare procurement summaries and cost/price analyses.
- Conduct bid reviews, interact with Quality Assurance on all materials procurements, interface with technical staff.
- Negotiate, award, and administer materials purchases and subcontracts.
- Prepare source selection statements and other required file documentation.
- Responsible for major materials, engineering and service procurements primarily utilizing cost reimbursable, firm fixed-price, labor-hour, time-and-materials and other subcontract types as per Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Assign/coordinate workload of staff and communicate important procurements/issues to management.
- Support to Small Business Liaison Officer in support of Small Business Goals; support small business events that promote utilization of small businesses.
- Support business development, bid & proposal, phase-in and transition activities of new KBRwyle contracts; Support commercial contracts and subcontracts.
- Plan and grant salary increases as appropriate.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management or related discipline and 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience with the FAR.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Project planning and organization skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (i.e. listening, follow-through, willingness to help).
- Flexible - ability to adapt to changing policies, procedures, priorities or work environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Top Secret Clearance required.
Job: Procurement & Materials Management
Primary Location: US-Virginia
Req ID: 1080416