SAIC delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense (DoD), intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer who is a current Model-Based Engineering practitioner to support a variety of projects in the Defense and National Security environment. You will join our highly energized team of engineers, scientists, and analysts as we deploy innovative solutions to a wide variety of programs that require advanced Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) solutions.
· In this position, you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive Systems Engineering and Model-Based Engineering experiences to transform programs from a document-centric approach to a model-based approach to support our customers more effectively and ensure their mission success. You will use your knowledge of hypersonic and systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Model-Based SE&I platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of SE&I solution usage, and enhance our rapidly growing – and fully supported model-based engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Hypersonic and Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc.
· Successful candidate will bring experience applying systems engineering and MBE methods and creative thought-leadership and develop revolutionary model-based SE&I Solutions across defense, Federal civilian, and national security customer groups. The solutions will consist of process, tools, and people. Information technology knowledge will be helpful. You will engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up-to-date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and increase our SEI capabilities. As part of the team, you will mentor other systems engineers on our program teams to fully implement our innovative solutions and standards, as well as providing technical leadership on proposal teams in support of business development activities. Demonstrated effective communications, presentation, and writing skills are required.
Broad systems engineering experience (e.g., system architecture and design, system documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, system verification)
· Advance the state of the practice for a variety of systems engineering (SE) initiatives with a focus on hypersonic weapons systems.
· Support the use of SE principles and best practices by the DoD acquisition community and provide recommendations for improvements.
· Interact with DoD stakeholders to promote effective technical collaboration.
· Intermediate/Advance experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF
· Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to execute work tasks independently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
· Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
· Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes